Overview of duties
Community Partnerships is the division of Soles4Souls that concentrates on getting individuals, faith based organizations, schools, civic groups, businesses and organizations to participate in shoe drives. The sole focus of the CP team is collecting shoes in order to supply our entrepreneurs with shoes, which are used to create opportunity through small businesses and essentially feed families. We are a “sales” department, but since we’re selling a really cool mission, our selling techniques are unique and meaningful. Through our Regional Donation Centers, we are able to engage deeply in the community, offering volunteer opportunities, community engagement and the opportunity to develop awareness on a regional and local level.
- Help develop new programs to offer to donors that are creative ways to host a shoe drive (like a birthday party program, a Spring Cleaning campaign, a curbside recycling program, a Denim Day for a business, etc.).
- Help plan outreach strategies to reach new audiences. This could be via social media posts, press releases, creating fun videos, etc.
- Help secure donated space/warehouse partners across the United States in order to have more locations to make donating shoes easier for our donors.
- Students must be currently enrolled rising juniors/seniors or previously graduated from an accredited university.
- Interns are required to provide their own transportation and laptop.
- Students must submit their complete application, resume and two letters of recommendation to be considered.
- Previous internship experience preferred, but not required.
- We expect all students and S4S Interns to participate in weekly evaluations and exit interviews during the program.